Thursday, July 7, 2011

Carp In The Rain


I just had to fish today. It was one of those got to go moments - a long couple days at work, no time to rest and lack of sleep and high stress. I had one hour to spend gaining some balance and calm back into life. One problem, it was raining a bit. That would stop most fisherman, but not me. My friend told me I go fishing like most people go to the grocery store. Other folks have to make a weekend or day out of fishing. I feel you should go when you can and as often as you can.

My gear always stays in the car, so I headed to my new carp lake right after work. People gave me funny looks through windshield wipers as they drove by in the safety of their cars. I didn't care because I was hunting carp. A few commons were rooting around in real close to the shore and I dropped a carp carrot right in the pack. The big one shot after it and I set the hook and held on! It took me a long time to land this thing and it only weighed in at 3.77lbs. This carp was my first common and the largest carp I have caught on the fly. My arm was worn down after the fight, but I pressed on and landed another mirror carp. Then it was time to head home for dinner. What a great day.






3 comments:

  1. Nice, I'm the same way. I keep my stuff in the car all the time and I fish at lunch most days. It's a nice break from work. Like you said it gives you balance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I go fishing like most people go to the grocery store." Awesome post. And, me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fishing madly and your blog is very informative and great . and all the picture in your blog is fabulous and every one like this who are intrusting in fish and fishing like me keep it up and keep sharing such a great and awesome information about fishing thanks. . And carpbuddy.com is a site that provides lots of carp fishing news carp fishing article

    ReplyDelete