Thursday, July 1, 2010

Peace, Life and Fish

Have you ever found something in life that fits you like an old pair of comfy shoes? That is what fishing has always been for me. I connect with it on a deep level and I am not sure why. I would even go as far as saying it is kinda like a spiritual thing for me. Now don't get me wrong...I am not some weirdo hippie crazoid. I just like fishing and I like God and I think He had a mind to have us enjoy His creation and nature.

So here is my helpless addiction to fishing and then steps in fly fishing. Actually, in came a magazine when I went to pick up groceries after work on a Wednesday. I was minding my own business and then I took a wrong turn trying to get milk and ended up at the magazine rack. My eye spots a 2010 fly fishing made easy beginners guide to fly fishing magazine. I pick it up and think, "I've always wanted to try that." Two days later, this video and a trip to dick's sporting goods, I have my very own basic fly fishing setup. (Check it out here) I have greatly enjoyed this setup and it has done everything and more than I need as a beginner.

I went fishing that Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday (twice), Wednesday and I plan to go today after work.

I want this blog to tell my story of how I am learning to fly fish on the cheap and how I get out as often as I can to do what I love. Maybe I can share a tip or show some cool pictures of fish I have caught to inspire you to pick up a rod and go fishing. I am not a pro at the least bit. In fact I suck at fishing, but I enjoy it to the core of my being.

Get out there and wet a line.



No comments:

Post a Comment